- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Bicycle network plan
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Thursday, 8 March 2012]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Simon O'Brien
BICYCLE NETWORK PLAN
46. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Transport:
(1) What percentage of trips in Perth are currently taken by —
(a) bicycle; and
(2) What is the estimated cost to complete the Perth bicycle network?
(3) How much did the recent upgrade of bike parking facilities across the public transport network cost?
(4) How many additional bike parking spaces were created?
Hon SIMON O’BRIEN replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of this question. The Minister for Transport advises the following —
(1) According to the Perth and regions travel survey of December 2006, which includes the Perth metropolitan area and the local government areas of Mandurah and Murray, the percentages are —
(a) 1.6 per cent; and
(b) 82 per cent.
(2) The Perth bicycle network routes are currently under review as part of the draft WA bicycle network plan 2012–21.
(3) $633 000.
(4) 364 spaces.