- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Fremantle Port Authority - windfarm proposal
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Tuesday, 29 November 2011]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Simon O'Brien
FREMANTLE PORT AUTHORITY — WIND FARM PROPOSAL
4840. Hon Lynn MacLaren to the Minister for Finance representing the Minister for Transport
With regard to the Fremantle Port Authority’s decision to reject the proposal by the Fremantle Wind Farm
Consortium to construct a commercial wind farm at Rous Head harbour —
(1) Please table the terms of reference for the report commissioned by the Fremantle Port Authority.
(2) Please table the full report.
(3) Please give detailed reasons for rejecting the proposal.
(4) Please explain the scientific, commercial and sustainability rationale for rejecting the proposal.
Hon SIMON O’BRIEN replied:
The Fremantle Port Authority advises:
(1)–(4) Fremantle Ports’ Board decided that it was not in the best interests of its business to support a wind
farm development in the port.