- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
As the Greens WA spokesperson on sexuality, Lynn is calling on the Minister for Education to introduce a specific policy against homophobic bullying in schools. She recently moved a motion in the Legislative Council to try to achieve this.
The motion stated:
That this Council calls upon the Minister for Education to -
1) Confirm that both she and Department of Education have a duty of care to protect all students from bullying and discrimination in schools
2) Acknowledge that homophobic bullying is common in WA schools and the absence of specific anti-homophobia policies is a failure of that duty of care.
3) Introduce policies and practises that protect all students against homophobia at school.
|Tiffany Jones WA 2012.ppt||4.09 MB|
|Perth Presentation 16 March 2012.ppt||4.12 MB|