- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Alcoa - Mandogalup operations
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Tuesday, 22 November 2011]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Helen Morton
ALCOA — MANDOGALUP OPERATIONS
4844. Hon Lynn MacLaren to the Minister for Mental Health representing the Minister for Planning
In regard to the operation of Alcoa near Mandogalup, please outline the following —
(1) When does the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) anticipate that Area F in the Alcoa
Residue Storage Area will be closed and how certain is any projected closure date?
(2) How does the WAPC anticipate Area F will be rehabilitated?
(3) Have a range of alternative rehabilitation initiatives been explored that may eliminate perceived dust
(4) If yes to (3), how have they been considered?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
(1) The closure date of Area F is the responsibility of Alcoa.
(2) The rehabilitation of Area F is the responsibility of Alcoa. It is understood that Alcoa is preparing a
Long Term Residue Management Strategy for its Mandogalup site.
(3) Refer to answers (1) and (2) above.
(4) Refer to answers (1) and (2) above.