- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Animal Cruelty Involving Westpork, Neil Ferguson and Robert Massam
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Thursday, 3 May 2012]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Robyn McSweeney
WESTPORK, NEIL FERGUSON AND ROBERT MASSAM
226. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Agriculture and Food:
Notice of this question was given on 28 March.
(1) Has the minister or his department received information regarding the scheduling of upcoming court proceedings relating to animal cruelty involving Westpork, Neil Ferguson and Robert Massam?
(2) Will the minister please list the charges for each case?
(3) Has the minister been advised what proceedings will be held on each of the court dates?
(4) Why has the department refused to provide information regarding the timing of the trial to animal welfare organisations?
Hon ROBYN McSWEENEY replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of this question.
(2) Prosecution has been commenced against Westpork, Neil Ferguson and Robert Massam for the following alleged offences pursuant to sections 19(1) and 19(3)(h) of the Animal Welfare Act 2002: two charges between 20 January 2009 and 23 January 2009; two charges between 22 January 2009 and 25 January 2009; six charges between 26 January 2009 and 2 February 2009; and four charges between 15 April 2009 and 22 April 2009.
(3) Yes; all matters will be in court on 11 April 2012 for mention only.
(4) The department has not refused to provide information on trial dates. Trial dates are yet to be set.