- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Arts Development Panel - Indigo Journal
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL - Tuesday, 10 August 2010]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Robyn McSweeney
ARTS DEVELOPMENT PANEL — INDIGO JOURNAL
489. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Culture and the Arts:
(1) Will the minister describe the grants assessment process of the arts development panel, including
whether it is provided with any background information and whether each member of the panel has to
request this information from the project officer?
(2) What information did the arts development panel have when it formed its opinion during the February
funding round that indigo journal was not competitive enough?
(3) What specific information, if any, supported this view?
(4) Does the minister think that the state government’s financial support for indigo journal has been valued
by WA’s literary community?
(5) Are there any plans to provide a recurrent funding source for literary journals in Western Australia?
Hon ROBYN McSWEENEY replied:
I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1)–(5) Information in applications and support material is provided for independent panellists’ review prior to
meetings and is available for consultation during assessment meetings. Application and support material
is provided by applicants. Peer panel expertise and application materials are reviewed in relation to the
department’s funding criteria.