- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
464. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Transport:
(1) How much money was allocated in the budgets from 2009–2013 for the repair and construction of bike paths in the government’s bike plan?
(2) How much was spent during that period?
(3) Has the government identified which repairs are necessary and how much will be needed to complete the promised infrastructure?
(4) What was the reason for the reported $10 million underspend?
Hon DONNA FARAGHER replied:
On behalf of the parliamentary secretary representing the Minister for Transport, I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1) $21.467 million.
(2) $10.542 million.
(3) This is an upgrade program, not a repair program.
(4) The main focus of the principal shared path program in 2012–13 was design and initiation of preconstruction activities. The remaining sections of the PSP network are difficult projects and therefore require a greater degree of planning and design work prior to delivery, which has caused some delay.