- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Blueleaf Corporation — Jarrah sawlong contracts: Questions
Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Forestry:
(1) Has Blueleaf Corporation Pty Ltd received any payment to relinquish any part of its log timber intake?
(2) If yes to (1) —
(a) how much money did or will the company receive;
(b) what log timber intake did the company relinquish; and
(c) will any of the log timber intake relinquished by Blueleaf be sold to another company?
(3) If yes to (2)(c), what intake and to which companies?
Hon KEN BASTON replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of this question.
(1) The Forest Products Commission has approval for the mutual termination of Blueleaf Corporation Pty Ltd’s jarrah sawlog contracts. This is currently in process and Blueleaf Corporation Pty Ltd has not received any payment as yet.
(2) (a) $875 000.
(b) Log intake relinquished is approximately 23 000 cubic metres of jarrah first-grade sawlogs under contract 2771 and approximately 20 000 cubic metres of jarrah small-bole logs under contract 2765.
(c) This relinquished volume will be available to assign under the current requests for proposals process.
(3) See (2)(c).