- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Bush forever review: Questions
BUSH FOREVER REVIEW
968. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
(1) Did the minister state in his official opening speech of Perth’s Bush Forever Report Card Conference on 7 December 2012 that “Today’s conference and report card will be a valuable contribution to the Department of Planning’s review of the Bush Forever program, which will be undertaken next year”?
(2) Has the Department of Planning commenced work on the review?
(3) If yes to (2), what aspects of the review have been completed?
(4) Has the Department of Planning commenced work on an audit of sites as specified in “Bush Forever Volume 1” of December 2000?
(5) If yes to (4), how many sites have been audited to date?
(6) Will the government proceed with the Perth–Peel strategic assessment before the comprehensive audit of Bush Forever is completed?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1) Yes, as best as the minister can recall, and based on his speech notes for the event.
(2)–(3) Preparatory works have commenced and the review will be fully underway in early 2014.
(4)–(5) The audit of particular Bush Forever areas will form part of the review process.
(6) The government is actively progressing the Perth–Peel strategic assessment. The two projects inform each other and need to be completed in collaboration.