- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Busselton Foreshore Redevelopment Project
Extract from Hansard
[COUNCIL — Tuesday, 24 May 2011]
Hon Lynn MacLaren; Hon Helen Morton
BUSSELTON FORESHORE REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Planning:
I refer to the Busselton foreshore redevelopment project.
(1) Would the minister advise why the coastal study in relation to the project has not been made public?
(2) Is it intended that the coastal study will be made public?
(3) If yes to (2), when?
(4) If no to (2), why not?
(5) Did the coastal study include a coastal vulnerability assessment of the land affected by the project?
(6) If no to (5), why not?
(7) If yes to (5), to what extent is that land at risk from sea level rise or other impacts of coastal climate
change, including extreme weather events and storm surges?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
(1)–(7) I thank the honourable member for some notice of the question. I am advised that responsibility for this
project lies with the Shire of Busselton.