- Current Issues
- Take Action
Commerce and Small Business
"Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that's exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking." -Anita Roddick
The current single-minded focus of big business and governments on economic growth and increased resource consumption is not sustainable in our finite world. We need to shift our priorities from short term economic growth to the building of an economy that can deliver sustainable improvements in quality of life and the health of the planet.
Lynn is working to promote a revitalization of small business, local economic activity and local communities. She supports legislation that controls trading hours and discriminatory trading practices which favour large one-stop shopping centres. She also promotes planning and public transport initiatives that improve accessibility to local business.
Lynn and the Greens WA support actions that:
- simplify State imposed taxation systems to free up time and resources of small business owners
- protect lessees from unfair charges on commercial leases
- implement controls on leases which link rent to the turnover of the lessee's business
- protect privacy of lessees' day-to-day business operations
- provide affordable access to small business management skills courses
- provide adequate and accessible training programs for staff in small businesses
Furthermore, the WA Greens policies to promote renewable energy and energy efficiency measures to address climate change create enormous opportunities for new green small businesses across the state.