- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Department of Housing- Not-For-Dividend Housing Company
Question Without Notice No. 378 asked in the Legislative Council on 22 June 2010 by Hon Lynn Maclaren
Parliament: 38 Session: 1
DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING — NOT-FOR-DIVIDEND HOUSING COMPANY
378. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the Leader of the House representing the Minister for Housing:
(1) Does the Department of Housing intend to transfer the title of some of its properties to community housing organisations; and, if so, what is the time frame for doing so?
(2) Does the department intend to create a not-for-profit housing company?
(3) Has the department budgeted creation of a not-for-profit housing company; and, if so, how much has it budgeted?
Hon NORMAN MOORE replied:
I thank the member for some notice of this question.
(1) Yes, by the end of December 2010 to early 2011.
(2) The merits of establishing a not-for-dividend housing company are currently under consideration by the government, in line with the recommendation of the Social Housing Taskforce.
(3) Refer to (2).