- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
National partnership agreement on homelessness - Questions
1024. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the Minister for Child Protection:
(1) Will the minister provide a list of organisations and programs currently funded by the interim National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness?
(2) When will funding under the current National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness end?
(3) What is the current status of negotiations with the federal government for a new round of funding under the National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness?
(4) When will the state government next meet with the federal government on funding for services currently provided under the NPAH?
(5) What advice has the minister received from service providers on the effect that funding uncertainty is having to their service provision?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
I thank the member for some notice of the question.
(1) I table the list of organisations funded under the transitional National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness—NPAH—and seek leave to have it incorporated into Hansard.
Leave granted. [See paper 1127.]
The following material was incorporated —
(2) The transitional National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness ceases on 30 June 2014.
(3) The commonwealth government is not currently engaged in formal negotiations on a future NPAH. The
department understands the commonwealth minister is looking at a range of options regarding
homelessness funding. There is currently no funding available in the commonwealth forward estimates.
It is anticipated that the commonwealth government Commission of Audit will include homelessness
funding as part of its review.
(4) The date of the next ministerial meeting is not known. It is likely the commonwealth–state ministerial
council arrangement will be discussed at the forthcoming Council of Australian Governments meeting
on Friday. Senior department officials continue to discuss funding for National Partnership Agreement
on Homelessness services with the commonwealth and the next face-to-face meeting of officials is in
late January 2014.
(5) I am aware of the impact of the uncertainty on service providers. The commonwealth has also been made aware of the impact of this uncertainty.