- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
Shark proof enclosures - Western Australian beaches: Questions
SHARK-PROOF ENCLOSURES — WESTERN AUSTRALIAN BEACHES
1008. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the Leader of the House representing the Premier:
I refer to plans to install shark-proof enclosures off Old Dunsborough and Coogee beaches.
(1) Has the government resolved the question of which department is responsible for granting approval for the installation of such enclosures in the water off Western Australian beaches?
(2) If yes to (1), what is the responsible department?
(3) If no to (1), what is the reason for the continued uncertainty?
(4) Does the Premier expect that the proposed enclosure at Old Dunsborough Beach will be operational by this Christmas?
(5) If no to (4), when does the Premier expect it will be ready?
Hon PETER COLLIER replied:
I thank the honourable member for some notice of this question.
I do not have a response, but I understand that the Premier was not available today.