- Roe 8 / Beeliar Wetlands
- Climate Change Coastal Impacts
- Coal Mining in Margaret River
- Cockburn Cement
- Homophobic bullying
- Jandakot Bushland Clearance
- Live Animal Exports
- No WA Shark Cull
- Point Peron Marina
- Protect Peaceful Protest
- Safe Passing Distances Bill - a Metre Matters
- Same Sex Marriage
- Stop GM Crops
- Current Issues
- Take Action
- Bills Introduced 2012
- Bills debated
- Budget Estimates Hearings
- Committee Reports
- Disallowance Motions
- Guide to Petitions
- How we can help
- Learn About Parliament
- Motions Debated
- Questions on Notice
- Questions without Notice 2009
- Questions without Notice 2010
- Questions without Notice 2011
State heritage listed places: Questions
STATE HERITAGE–LISTED PLACES
1052. Hon LYNN MacLAREN to the minister representing the Minister for Heritage:
(1) How many state heritage–listed places currently exist in Western Australia?
(2) How many owners of state heritage–listed places applied for state funding under the heritage grants program 2013–14?
(3) How many will receive funding under the heritage grants program for 2013–14?
(4) On what basis were these recipients selected?
(5) How will the $1.26 million in state government funding generate more than $10 million in conservation works?
(6) What proportion of state heritage–listed places in WA have conservation management plans?
Hon HELEN MORTON replied:
I thank the member for some notice of the question.
(1) There are 1 358.
(4) Eligible applications were assessed against the established program priorities, which include stabilisation works, protection of significant fabric and planning for the future.
(5) The total value of conservation works and conservation management strategies to be completed by grant-funded projects is $10 122 372.42.
(6) The State Heritage Office library catalogue shows that approximately two-thirds of listed places have a conservation management plan. This does not include any conservation management plans that may have been commissioned privately and are not held in the office’s library collection.
My smile in the middle of that answer was because I was wondering what the 42c was going to be spent on.